Jackie Warner FitOrbit Review

I just finished my Jackie Warner FitOrbit online training subscription.  When I started, I filled out the questionnaire and it recommended 6 mos to reach my goal.  I signed up.  It cost $299.00 for 26 weeks.  When you fill out your survey, which is how they "customize" it for you, you can choose things like gluten free, vegetarian, etc.  You are assigned a trainer, which you get to choose from a short list, and whether you need a hard core person or a best friend type.

I went with the best friend type because I thought it might be a bit more engaging.  I also started out on the regular diet, but ended up with the gluten free simply for the food choices.

The trainer you are assigned to will send you messages.  You can respond to them through your email or the site.  I mostly went to the site.  Through this person you can also ask for specific things done to your diet and exercise plan.  Like I do not like boiled eggs, so I asked that it was removed.  I no longer had that food assigned to me.  You can also mark foods as favorites, so your trainer knows to set those up for you more often.

Tracking the food can be somewhat a pain to do.  A lot of the time, I made new meals because I was having trouble finding them, or you couldn't remove an ingredient. One of the tabs, when trying to swap a meal is for eating out, but for Alaska, all of the options were fast food.  I would suggest that the site add a water meter, which most sites have, but is lacking here.

I also let my trainer know that I take long walks around downtown after work, and she added a workout for me so it was easier for me to post and keep track of it.

When I signed up for the Jackie Warner version of FitOrbit, apparently I was to receive her book "This is Why Your Fat," video, and workout band.  I received these items a long while after the start of the training, that I forgot about them.  Then, when I thought about it, other than it saying Jackie Warner, there was nothing on the site that made me think that I was working her system, with her people, or even her diet.

If you look at her book, all of the tacos etc. are served on lettuce.  Not my diet.  I had carbs assigned to me at every meal.  I never ate so much bread in my life.  That is when I asked to get switched to the gluten free.  (My trainer also said that she can add that to my personalized diet without having to switch to the gluten free if I decided.)  Also the workout did not resemble what was in the book.

Even though I may not have been the most active person, the workouts on the website were very simple.  If you went by Jackie's books and videos, you would really be working out.

So, in the end......  I liked my trainer.  The web site is so so.  The food needs work.  It needs a water meter.  It has nothing to do with Jackie Warner besides her name.  It cost 300 bucks for 26 weeks.

I do not believe that this is worth it.  If I did want to go back to FitOrbit, it wouldn't be through Jackie Warner.  There are a lot of diet and exercise tracking sites that are free and you can pay a nominal fee to upgrade, which I would find better for me.

I also want to note that I did not lose weight on this plan.  The eating plan did not help me in the least and the workouts were not progressive enough.   Another note is that though I liked my trainer, I would suspect that this was something like a 3rd or 4th job for her.  I know she is a mom and a trainer, and I believe she had another job besides that.  

Comments

  1. I'm about at the end of my 26 week trial and I also find it a waste of money. For one thing, I am already a WW online member and told my trainer that I didn't actually need the diet help, but I just wanted help with working out. Really, I just wanted someone to hold me accountable for working out. Never happened. The WW online site is much superior to fit orbit, of course you have to pay to be a member. These trainers at Fit Orbit check in about once a week to set up plans, but the contact is minimal. I have Celiac Disease, so started on the gluten free diet, gained about 2 lbs in the first week and told the trainer it was too many calories. She reduced the diets to the fewest calories possible (around 1200, which is still too many) and then didn't believe me when I told her that I can't eat 1200 calories per day and lose weight. ugh, story of my life. Save your money, this is not worth it. All the exercise plans can be found online for free and the trainers do not have time to check in with you and hold you accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking time to post your review. You just saved me $300!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the plan for 10 weeks and my story is so different than the other reviews. I am experiencing weight loss and I have a trainer that communicates with me at least 3 times a day. I think the key is going in with a positive attitude and choosing the right trainer to achieve your goals. I picked a trainer that is no-nonsense because that is what I need. And no, this is not easy but I am seeing the results. I agree, a water meter is a must and that the site could use some improvement such as calories burned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you are having a positive result. I agree that you need to find the right trainer, but that could be a needle in a haystack. To see results you really have to try, which I did, but you will also know that about 80% of the battle to lose weight is diet. For me, the diet was way off.
      Good luck with the rest of your plan, and I hope you succeed with all of your goals!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review