I love Sushi Review

Let's just say that I have been going to the original I Love Sushi since they opened.  Brandon, the chef/owner is very dedicated and imaginative.  It was always easy to have something made to my specifications for whatever crazy diet I was on.  I always have my favorites too.  They had expanded the original restaurant a while back and it was very upscale looking.  Recently Brandon and his wife, Min, bought the old Tempura Kitchen.  It has the same upscale flair.  It looks beautiful. It's clean and bright, and I love the updated menu.

Brandon and crew pretty much had to gut the old restaurant when they got it, which it definitely needed.  The restaurant is somewhat split up.  To the left is regular seating, with a large area for large parties or private functions.  To the right are tables with hot plates with vents above, and the sushi bar is across from that.

It is located on Spenard right after you turn off of Minnesota if you are coming from downtown.  They are open Mon - Sat.  I will have to find the rest of the information to put in here later.

The shabu shabu is $20.00/pp.  You can also add on extra items like shrimp or octopus.  I'm more likely to add an extra plate of veggies.  They also have Korean BBQ available.  I didn't remember the price of that, but it does include either ribeye or pork belly.  The waitresses will always help you if you are unsure of what to do.  I would say that if you get the shabu shabu, get the sauce in two separate dishes.  They served it to me once with a split dish and it was a little hard to maneuver when I needed to refill a single side.

The sushi is super fresh and it looks like thought went into the presentation.  I hate trying a new place and what I get looks plain and boring.

They have a long list of sake, including a choice of a sake flight.  They have microbrew and imported beers, including draft beers.  There is also a white and red wine list.  The prices on drinks are a bit steep.  That is at both restaurants as well.

I really loved this place.  I wish it were closer to where I lived.  Though, then I would be there all the time.  This is however an easy jaunt from my downtown office on my way home, and it would also be good for people staying on the Spenard hotel strip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review