Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm Review

I have way too many cleansers for my face, but I switch everything out depending on what my skin is doing.  It's also how I justify having more foundation to choose from than most make up artists.

I was searching for a cleansing balm.  They have been around for ages and I had tried a couple of samples.  Yes, the Eve Lom is absolutely yummy.  It's just a bit high priced for a face cleanser for me.  Normally my switchout is from the following:  Shiseido Perfect Whip, Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil, Ponds Cold Cream, Oil of Olay ProX, Erno Lazlo.  Truth be told.... I am kind of tired digging through all this crap for the cleanser of the day.  I want products that I can do blindfolded and are routine for me.  They also must work overtime.

I saw the Clinique cleansing balm on Amazon.  I didn't even know that Clinique made a cleansing balm.  There were a couple of cheaper options there, but there were also some cray (crazier than Eve Lom) high prices.  I ended up getting the cleansing balm through the Nordstrom shopping site.  It only cost me around 26-28 bucks I think, and for some reason it doesn't come up on their website anymore.  On amazon it is 32$.  Still more than some of my products but less than many others.  Mid range... I can do that.

This cleansing balm looks opaque white in the jar.  There doesn't seem to be a fragrance.  That's give and take for me.  I loved the smell of the eve lom sample, but fragrance free has it benefits.  For some reason I always pick up more than I need.  It's a balancing act that I haven't perfected yet.  It comes in a tub, so I don't want to put my hands in there more than once (with newly cleaned hands).  This should possibly need to come with a scoop of sorts.  The product melted onto my skin and spread an amazing amount, which is why I always seem to pick up too much.  It dissolves my makeup, including eye makeup, with ease.  The product did not sting my eyes, but clouded up my vision until I could rinse it off.  I wouldn't suggest leaving it on too long though.  I wipe it away with a wet warm face cloth, you can also use muslin.  The cloth acts as the exfoliater, which everyone knows is imperative if you want you moisturizer to work properly.

The resulting finish is lovely.  My skin is clean, but not tight.  All makeup is removed.  It is so easy to use that I find myself reaching for it as my go to cleanser at night.  I'm very happy with this purchase, and I may have to re-home my other products.  I'm also going to need to make sure that this is not being discontinued if it is no longer on the nordstrom site, as I may need to stock up while I can.

Comments

  1. I loved the fact that this Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm removed all off my makeup, but I had a reaction to it. I was really sad because of it, I really wanted to love it, because it had such great ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear you had a reaction. I hate when that happens and then you have to let your skin heal. I hope you find one that suits your skin!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review