Almased?

So I heard about Almased though one of my many searches on the internet.  As I have been unhappy for a while, I looked a bit closer after I saw an ad for it in a natural health magazine.  At first I thought it was ridiculous.  It was more like just starving  yourself.  That was the extreme short term diet apparently. After I started looking it at it a bit more, I got to wondering.  No hurt in trying.  The fasting period is quite short with the diet program I chose.  Only 2-3 days.  There was another with about a week, but that was the one that looked all crazy.

I read a LOT of comments on this product on Amazon and took some advice from there on how people like to mix it.  I am going to be mixing mine with unsweetened almond milk (can switch out for the unsweetened chocolate almond milk), a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, a shake or two of cinnamon, 2 packets of truvia (stevia), a spoonful of EVOO or flax oil.  I have a vitamix for at home and a blender ball mixer for while I am away or at work.I ended up buying some from Amazon, but found the better deal was at Vitacost.  I also get some other items from them, so I will definitely be buying from Vitacost.

Today is day one, though I had a shake for dinner yesterday to try out the taste.  The taste is not bad.  It definitely has a light honey taste with an almost  "grain" flavor to it.  I mixed my morning shake in the vitamix.  The taste was good and within 15 minutes I was feeling full.  I made sure I had water and some homemade broth for in between.  I had a cup of the broth for a snack in the morning before lunch.  VERY plain and I had to force myself to drink it.  There is 0 salt, but I'm sure I can get used to it, but I might try to go with veggie juices.  I also have some single packs of NSA chicken broth for when in a pinch, but the diet specifies veggie.  

For lunch I had pre-measured the Almased, cinnamon, and stevia into a snack bag and put my almond milk and vanilla into the mixer cup.  When using the mixer cup I shake it really well.  Let it rest for a moment and then really mix it well again.  It turned out pretty well.  I did forget to measure the oil into the liquids cup so I might have to take a full tablespoon with my evening shake.

To start I am 5'7" and 152 pounds.  My goal is to get back down to 135 and into my size 6 or 4 jeans.  I take at least a walk every evening with the dogs, but will try to incorporate other exercise as well.  The diet says that you can get almost immediate results with this diet, so I look forward to seeing what the scale says.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review