MM.Lafleur Bento Box Review

So I have tried a Bento Box from MM. Lafleur twice now.  The first box that I received was okay, but just didn't hit the mark and I sent it all back.  They too realized that it just didn't happen for us and they offered to send me another box without the $25.00 fee.

As per the norm, they will charge you a $25 fee for the styling that will be put towards anything you buy from your box. This is a newer charge they have enacted that wasn't charged on my first one.

If you go to the MM.LaFleur website, you will see a nice variety of quality clothes. That was what I really was looking for. As I am trying to pick up my style and look more professional, I really need quality.  I'm posting this little bit from their website about them:

Sarah LaFleur was your typical woman in finance whose closet was packed with blah-feeling pantsuits. Back then, she dreamed of a more inspired wardrobe for herself and all professional women. When she launched MM.LaFleur in 2013, she made it her mission to put the fun (and the ease) back into the ritual of dressing for work—and to rethink the shopping process altogether.
Sarah joined forces with luxury designer Miyako Nakamura, former head designer of Zac Posen, and Narie Foster, former consulting colleague, and set out to fill the void. Together, they help today’s professional woman build a wardrobe full of gorgeous, versatile pieces that reflect both her personal style (sophisticated silhouettes, ingenious design details) and her dynamic lifestyle (machine-washable, travel-friendly).
MM. LaFleur has little pop up shops that if you are lucky enough to live by one, you can go in and they will pull different styles for you to try on.  The clothes are actually shipped to you after that.

For this current Bento I received the Deneuve 3.0, Noho Skirt, Alexandra dress, Masha 2.0 dress, and the Woolf.  Overall, the fabric on all of these is top notch. These items can go from office to a night out and on an airplane without worrying that you will look like a frump.  These items come nicely boxed with a zippered bag. All of the items that you are returning go back into the bag and into the box with a new label provided to you placed on top. There is a little invoice with a spot of you to write down your comments for each one.

After trying everything on, my overall impressions were:

Deneuve:  Really nice fit. I would like a touch longer. The overlap is done so well that I wouldn't have any embarrassing peekaboo moments.

Noho Skirt:  This is a plain knee length skirt. Really nice material, but way too plain for me. I like have a bit of gathering or lace etc. If you are looking for a very basic and classic piece this would be perfect for you.  (It's also almost winter here and short skirts aren't going to be worn.)

Alexandra Dress:  I really liked the Claret color but the cut was just not awesome. As a really large busted girl, that was the only thing my eyes could focus on when I put it on.

Masha: Man, I wanted this dress. So nice in the drape and I loved the way the pockets were. But for the price, if I wasn't 100% on it, wasn't going to get it. So the downfall for me was the neckline. It has a higher round neckline. If it had a v neck, it would stay with me hands down.

Woolf: This is the cardigan jacket with an open design. The shoulder pads are removable. I wasn't very sure about this when I saw it at first. I put it on and it was okay. Overall, I felt the look was a bit "older" than I like. My friends tell me I look about 10 years younger and there is no reason to dispel that myth. I think my mom would really like this jacket.

So overall, I think the Bento Box is great. MM.LaFleur makes quality items for every body. Their team definitely try to understand what you like and what would look good for you. The downside is that this type of thing can be real hit and miss. I wish I could go to a pop up, but unless they get to a place close by like Seattle, that may not happen. I will be trying a Bento Box again, though I may ask for certain styles that I see on their website, and then have them make suggestions for the rest of the items.  This will be postponed until after the holidays as between here and there, I will be traveling a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review