UPDATED on 1/19/17!! Trunk Club Review

Note:  Update to this review will be at the bottom of the original.

I live in Alaska. I'm not joking when I say that Alaska has been voted the worst dressed state. And it's true. There are of course some exceptions, but overall we are pretty in need of style. I moved up here about 18 years ago from Arizona.  Arizona has style. I was used to dressing up to go out or hang out with my friends. I wouldn't be caught dead without some light make up. Low and behold, after a few years up here.... I can go without makeup and only put on a full face for a serious occasion, I have crocs in my wardrobe (more than three pairs), hiking clothes are everyday wear, xtratuf boots are classics, if it didn't come from rei it looks like it did. Such was my life.

I noticed that when I travel, I try to pick up my style a bit so I didn't totally stand out. Especially going to Europe, but year after year, it appeared harder and harder. My wardrobe just didn't have what it took. And that's when I said it was enough. I didn't want to live this fashion disaster anymore, any day of the week. I did a thorough closet cleanse. Out went all of the crocs except for my camp shoes for backpacking trips. I also went to scout out some of the new fashion boxes that you can get sent directly to your house.

So far I signed up for Stitch Fix, MM Lafleur, and Trunk Club. This post will deal with Trunk Club, mostly because this will be the shortest.

I saw the Trunk Club when I was on the Nordstrom shopping page down on the bottom. I needed to make a cc payment, and was like hmmmm what's this? Turns out it's  now a subsidiary of Nordstrom. It used to tailor to men, but now also works with women. You get a stylist assigned to you and through a list of questions, and if you can a phone call whenever you need it. There is a $25.00 home try on fee that's credited towards your purchase. That's pretty common with most subscriptions.

I was assigned Jillian who overall seemed quite pleasant. Mostly the back and forth conversation was timely. She offered for me to call her, but as I was in and out of meeting during that week, I kept to the messaging. There is a message board through their website that you use and it will show all of your communication.  I already had a pinterest set up for the type of fashion that I like, so I sent her that link so she could have a better idea of my personal style.

Later I received a message to fill in the billing information so she can put together a box. As a Nordstrom subsidiary, I would have appreciated being able to use my Nordstrom credit card.  Especially because that was where the clothes were coming from. This also means that you don't get any of the points that you normally would in store. Jillian put together a box of items and sent my the pictures to take a look and see if there was anything that I wanted removed right off the bat. I removed one item and gave it the go ahead. Overall, the items looked okay. There were two pairs of shoes, a few bottoms, some tops, and a jacket.

I received a note from Jillian shortly after that stating that because I was in Alaska I would be charged $50.00 but $25.00 of that would be refunded if I kept ALL of the box. I'm just going to point out that we have a Nordstrom here, we have USPS, Fed ex, and UPS. I know we are a distance away, but we are still Americans. So at this point, I said thanks, but no thanks. I can just as easily go into Nordstroms after setting up an appointment with a stylist in house. I'm going to Seattle next week and might just do that, as they have a larger selection there than we have up here.

So it was a nice thought. I was looking forward to having items sent to me with someone that can help me take my outfits up a handful of notches, but to be overcharged wasn't awesome. Perhaps if you live in the lower 48, you may find the Trunk Club a little more to your liking. For now, Trunk Club is a thumbs down for me.

UPDATE

So here we are. It's been a short while, but when checking my email I noticed a new addition to the Trunk Club subscription. Yes, you can finally start using your Nordstrom card and earn points. The email message said:

We're excited to announce that Nordstrom cardholders can now earn points 
toward Nordstrom Notes at Trunk Club.†

Trunk Club pairs you with a dedicated stylist who'll get to know your style, 
tastes and preferences. Your stylist will then send you a trunk filled with 
picked-just-for-you pieces from the best brands to try out at home. Keep and 
pay for what you love, send back what you don't—all while earning points at 
Trunk Club when you pay with your Nordstrom credit or debit card.†

The $25 home try-on fee will be waived for all trunks purchased with a 
Nordstrom credit or debit card. Earning rewards has never looked so 
good—or been so easy.



 I went back online to the Trunk Club website, entered my Nordstrom card info, and got in contact. I was given a new stylist, and before we got too into it, I asked her to verify that I now didn't have the fee involved as I was using my Nordstrom card.  Low and behold, still because I am in Alaska, they want to charge me $50 to get a trunk club box. Not really wanting to sell me stuff are you? The stylist was nice, but I declined to get a box.  I will be sending Nordstrom a complaint on this. If I can get free shipping from Nordstrom to Alaska, why do I have to pay $50 for Trunk Club to send me a box? Still a no for me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review