Starting Nutrisystem - Fast Five Plan Day 1&2

So I have been pretty active, going to gym a few times a week and going for walks. The down side is that my eating has been way off.  Some of this has been the holidays but a lot of it has been stress.  I'm a stress eater. I eat my emotions. So this is always one of the hardest things to reign in for me.

A looooong time ago I did Nutrisystem with my husband. He did not do very well on it, but I lost something like 20 pounds. Nutrisystem  has changed up the plan a bit with more foods and add ons. They also recently added some shakes.  I'm give and take on shakes, but they are great in a pinch and can help with weight loss. Especially if you are not used to eating multiple times a day, it may be easier to drink a shake then force more food down your throat.

I went on Nutrisystem and went into my old account.  Even after all these years my account was there. It actually made the whole thing a bit easier.  I ordered the Core plan, which came with some free shakes and some freezer meals to try.  It is also on auto-delivery which I can go online and add/subtract meals to suit myself. The down side to ordering online is that it seems to take forever to get to you.  I'm all for instant gratification. My husband and I were recently at Sam's Club and I saw the Fast 5 plan there for about $80.  I went back the next day and bought it.


The Fast 5 is a pretty much the basic plan but without dessert. You get to add veggies to the lunch and dinner, and some low fat dairy to the breakfast. I'm not much for milk or yogurt, so so far I've been skipping the breakfast add on.  The kit comes with a very easy to follow guide that has a shopping list and lays out the entire week that you will be enjoying.  I've decided to follow the foods listed as they have planned (except for what I said above).

The first day I started with the maple oatmeal to which I added some cinnamon. Snack was the Energi-Zing shake, lunch was the fudge graham bar which I added a green salad with vinegar for dressing, afternoon snack was the nutricrush shake, dinner was lasagna with meat sauce to which I added 2 cups of steamed green beans.

I can tell you that I absolutely hate having a bar for lunch. When I put in my order I made sure to not order any lunch bars. When I got the kit, you obviously had no choice, but I figured it was 7 days, I would deal.  The two shakes are your only snacks during the seven days. They are both chocolate and not the worst shakes I've had. They would be better in a blender with ice instead of my blenderball cup. The energizing shake is actually a pretty good pick me up.



The Nutrisystem website has the new NuMi site to track your meals and progress. You can also add it as an app to your phone/ipad. It's a fairly good app but it seems to stop counting your water once you reach the amount they want you to get.

I am now on my second day with the program. I weighed myself first thing this morning and I am down two pounds.  This morning's breakfast was the cranberry orange bites which were good, and I've had my first shake of the day.  I plan on going for a walk at lunch with a coworker who needs to do some shopping. Lunch is going to be the chicken noodle soup and I believe that dinner is chicken alfredo. I've heard mixed review on the alfredo.

I also want to mention that when I had my green beans with my dinner last night, they were not seasoned. So I cut them up and shoveled the lasagna on top after I cooked it and mixed it together. The meals was much more satisfying and the whole meal had flavor. I may continue in that tradition unless I find a better way.

Also, I found out after I ordered my plan and after I got my fast five, that my fist order comes with a fast five kit. Nutrisystem says not to do the fast five back to back, so I may use the new one I will receive a bit later in the program.

Another downside is that even though I was supposed to get free shipping, I live in the wonderful world of Alaska. That means that I got to pay $50 for shipping. Ouch. If it works, it will be worth it to me.

I will be attempting to post daily through this journey.  I do have a vacation at the end of February, which I will not be posting very much through so you will have to forgive. If you want to do this journey with me (or after me) please use the link here; http://my.nutrisystem.com/x/W4rmGM  When you use that link you will save $30, and so do I. And I would appreciate it.

I heard that Walmart has a nutrisystem kit there as well, but i don ot know if it is a different plan or not. If I stop by there I will check it out.  I would suggest that you get an extra of these kits or one of the snack kits available on the website to have something to stash around your office, car, and purse. One of the easiest ways to mess yourself up to be caught out and about unprepared. even if you are not doing this plan, I suggest doing that so you do not end up in fast food line or eating the office cupcakes. You know what I'm talking about.

Comments

  1. Nice post, impressive. It’s quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.
    extreme weight loss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review