Nutrisystem Fast 5 - Day 6 Review

It's Saturday, and I knew that the weekend was going to be a bit harder.  I reinforced to my husband that he's kind of the only one that knows I'm on this plan, because we were going out to see my parents.

I should rewind and admit that I completely slept in this morning.  We were planning on leaving by 10, which would have given me time to have breakfast, my break shake right before leaving and then lunch with the parents, getting back home for the second shake.  Didn't happen.  I got up late, made sure that I had my breakfast bar, which was the peanut butter granola bar.  It was about the size of the apple strudel and it was so thick.  It was tasty enough, but almost a pain in the tuckas to eat. Not a top pick.

Off we went a little after 10, and I made him stop off to get me a coffee. Is it just me or is Starbucks getting too big for it's britches.  The coffee was a disappointment, but it was what I had.  I took a couple waters with me, but this entire trip, my water consumption was at a major low.

We got to my parents house and they all wanted to talk.  We finally got up to leave to go for lunch.  There were a couple choices, but a lot.  They live up north towards Willow and Talkeetna.  We decided to go too the Twisted Creek restaurant/brewery.  Seriously a great place in Talkeetna.  I did so awesome with the food that I am still very proud of myself. And instead of having a tasty brew I had a cup of tea and a glass of water.  I got the large green salad with grilled shrimp, and asked for red wine or balsamic vinegar, but I guess the guy was trying to do me a favor and offered up their vinaigrette.  I ended up eating the salad dry, but with the shrimp, cucumbers, and tomatoes it was still tasty.  My dad even said he would have ordered that salad.

By the time we got back into town I was hungry and it was almost dinner time.  I should have thrown a couple of extra waters into the truck for the trip, but then you're also dealing with needed to stop off at the non-existent break stops. Maybe it kind of worked out.

When we got back home I immediately steamed up some brussel sprouts and then heated up the beef stew and added it all together.  Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like brussel sprouts.  The beef stew however I was not all that fond of.  It reminded me of that cheap hormel stuff in the can.  Later I will go on to my next shipment and make sure it's removed.  It wasn't horrible, and I finished my meal, but why torture myself? I'm still overall impressed with the good flavors of the foods.  The beginning was going to be some trial and error when it came to my personal taste, and I did want to try some different flavors to not limit myself in the first place.

I'm starting to wind down for the night and enjoying my chamomile tea, so I will try to make sure that I get the photos in, but it might not be till Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review