131 Method Diet Review


The Beta Test Group - The Beginning

A long while back I kept seeing little ads for a beta test group that Chalene Johnson was putting on for a diet program on Facebook. After I caved in and joined I found that they had done this in a couple of rounds so they had a couple groups at different times. (It is an interesting concept of paying to be part of a test group, even though it was reasonable priced for what it was. You are pretty much paying them to be their guinea pig.) In the end it was done in two sections which were paid for separately (both still a relatively small cost). There was so much information coming at you, and for someone that likes to know the ins and outs of what information is out there, stuff from doctors, hospitals, dietitians, etc.  It seemed like a good amount of people were losing weight based on the program. After the beta test groups were done, they were going to go live with the full program. Being a beta tester we got a free membership for the first round at the 131 Method (formerly 131 Diet or One3One Diet). That's actually pretty genius on giving the membership to beta testers. You pretty much made your diet a success if it based on memberships

One3One - What's Up

So overall the website looked a lot better in the finished product, but I was amazed with how under-developed the website seemed. This is a program that each week opens up for you in succession, and you can go back to review or watch videos but not forward. They do say to take it at your own pace so if you are stuck at week 5 and week 7 opened up, you aren't supposed to fret.  I cannot go in to too much information about what information that they give you as I wouldn't want to break the proprietary rules, but I will do my best to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

As I said, each week a new module opens up for you to review the information and check out the videos. Chalene, as usual, is very peppy and is cheering you on. There are cooking videos and recipes available. It seems that everything is really up to you to find and read then try out. When the recipes opened up they couldn't be printed, though this was fixed later (it seriously was seeming that the first group was a continuation of the test group trying to figure out what they were supposed to be doing on the website except you pay more). The food is good. I enjoyed all of the recipes that I tried. Though you need to be careful when going through them as you need to look for food that is friendly with the module that you are on. Some of the macros are completely off if you use the wrong ones. One of the big sellers to the program is supposed to be the dietitians that you can post messages to on a board. Essentially, there are "rounds" kind of like diet sets and each one is pretty much a different diet. That is where people are looking around and scratching their heads. You're told to do one thing and then the polar opposite the next. Granted they give you a week of prep so you are supposed to be getting an idea of what you are supposed to be doing but it seems like they are lecturing you on a bunch of info and then sending you free in to the wild to figure it all out for yourself. And they suggest you try a couple things each week.

The website itself does not have a tracking system. There are no menu builders, water counter, exercise routines, or measurement keeper. There is a member forum that you can ask questions, and they have staggered the groups so you will be sharing those areas with new and old members. Honestly that's a bit annoying just for the fact that you read the same questions and comments just from different people.

Also, I will say now that this has NOTHING to do with Beachbody. So many times I see people asking about shakeology. No, it's not in the plan. Not really. If you really love shakeology, then I'm sure there's a place for it at some point in your life again in the future.

Overall Impression

Chalene Johnson is always inspirational. She is also an entrepreneur which is almost overpowering during all of this. (So much selling of the program and products.) I enjoyed the weekly videos and I liked that so much information is right there together. It was confusing to many when you went from one type of diet testing to a completely different one, making people freak out. I really wish there was more of a tracking system for measurements, activity, water, etc. Even though you are in a specific diet test it is nice to see where you're at in the website and not have to use a different one altogether.  If I'm using 131, then I do not want to have to go to Myfitnesspal or Livestrong to track and measure. That tells me that the site I'm using doesn't have everything we need. I felt that the Push journals are okay. They are another tracking device if you like writing in journals, but overpriced. You will see if you join one of the Facebook support groups (which are completely separate and independent from the program which I think they frown on), you will see a lot of Push journals up for sale from previous members.

A good amount of people did lose weight. I'm not telling you that you won't. If you are a person that really needs to figure out what type of diet will work for you and you need all the supporting information on the diet so you know EVERYTHING about it to make "informed" decisions, this may be the one for you. Dear goodness if they would only lower the price. And yes, I know that it equals out to about 40 cents a day. That's still a lot of money to plain Jane and John in the real world that still has to then buy all of the food and what not.

For me, I was okay with this program, but I wouldn't pay that amount to be a part of it. And it really felt that it wasn't at 100% ready for world usage. Perhaps it was more noticeable as I was part of the test group too. If they made the improvements with the tracking as well as drop the price, I would recommend this program to you.







Comments

  1. Thank you for your honest review. I was worried about the pushy sale aspect and seems like it holds true for this 131 method. I was super curious to try it until I saw the cost. I am still interested, but I wonder what improvements have been made. I am disappointed you can't track on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A high school friend of mine was a Beta for this group, too. She lost over 40 pounds and dropped 4 dress sizes. I have known her for almost 50 years, so I trust what she says works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's what she needed, great for her! I personally don't need to pay someone to summarize a variety of diets and have me switch between the various diets every few weeks hopefully finding the right one somewhere in the small window of usage. Hopefully we all find the right path for ourselves. If that was the right one for her, are you both so similar that it is perfect for you too? Everyone's journey is personal and I give respect to all those who forge ahead on the difficult journey and find success.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review