Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Review

UPDATE:  I have been using this product for about a month and a half.  I have noticed beyond what I initially put below that my face seems firmer now, and my fine lines are not as noticeable.  I still use this on my hands as well as my face and neck, and of all things my husband mentioned to me how youthful my hands looked.  He is usually not a very observant person, so when he remarked on that, I thought it was worth the update.  I will also say that I believe this product has been helping my moisturizer work, as my usual dry skin has been looking fresher longer.

My original review is as follows:

Another beauty product! Can a person have too many?  It seemed for a while that every time I was at Nordstrom or Sephora I was getting a sample or two of this product.

It's a two step micro peel system.  There are premoistened towelettes in each side.  The first side you swipe over you face, neck, and decollete in circular motions until the pad goes dry on you.  I have been adding the backs of my hands when the pad is almost dry.  The you wait two minutes.  Go brush your hair or get another cup of coffee.  I tried to iron my pants for the day, but ended up taking longer than two minutes and my face was feeling drawn and tight.  Then you go over your face with the 2nd towelette.  Same procedure.

I have fair, dry, and sensitive skin.  With the original formula, I did not notice very much aggravation to my skin, and the package says that it helps our type of skin as well.  I was not adventurous enough to try the extra strength.  Something about chemical burn does not appeal.

I bought these towelettes on amazon as they were MUCH less expensive than Nordstrom.  About half of the price.  Though I did notice that it was cheaper to by two of the 30 count boxes than getting the one box with the same amount of both.  I also liked the packets compared to the tubs.  It is more hygienic and easy to travel with.  I am most of the way through the first box.


Results:

Fine lines and wrinkles - Not much of a difference.  Perhaps with a longer term of use there could be more (technically less) to see.

Firmness - Though the fine lines did not seem to diminish, I did feel that my face overall had a bit more firmness to it.  By the end of the day though, it seemed to have worn off.

Age/Sun Spots - BIG difference for me.  I had a dark spot on either cheekbone and one at the top of my forehead that drove me to insanity.  I have noticed a substantial difference in these areas.  If for anything else, I would probably buy these packets for use on these problem areas.

Calming Redness and Sensitivity - This is another good area for this treatment.  Definitely noticed a decrease in the redness of my face in the morning.  If I though that these would magically do the same after I try to drink a glass of wine and suddenly flush, I would carry these packets around like an addict.  I may have to try this one.

Currently my skin care rotates on a day to day, but the general gist of it is:

Cleanse - Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil, Shiseido Perfect Whip
Treat - Alpha Beta Peel, sk-ii treatment essence (I'm still looking for a replacment for my serum so I've been on samples and will not list them here)
Eye - Dr Dennis Gross Hydra Pure Firming Eye Cream, Lierac Diopti Calm, Oil of Olay Pro X
Moisturizer - Creme de la Mer, Lush Skin Drink, La Roche Posay Hydraphase UV Intense

When extra is needed

Various masks (too many)
For super dry days, I mix a couple drops of Josie Moran Oil with a couple of drops of Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion.  This is then applied to face neck chest and hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review