SweetLeaf Stevia Review

I've never been able to give up my coffee.  I like it strong, black, and sweet.  I grew up using sugar, then under my moms influence, I switched to Equal.  When Splenda came out, we both switched.  I had been using Splenda ever since.

As I became a bit more health oriented, I looked into how healthy Splenda was for you.  Granted if you are counting calories, awesome, but it is still a form of sugar and sugar spikes insulin.  Insulin makes you fat.  So it really seemed like a shot in the foot.

I fooled around with different sweeteners.  I really didn't care for Xylitol, not to mention it could kill my counter surfing dog.  Truvia and Stevia in the Raw came out.  I really like Truvia.  I did not care for the price.  I would wait until they came out with their 2 dollar coupons and then order a bunch from Coupons Clipped Cheap.  Also, Truvia has Erythritol.  It states on it web site:

Erythritol

Erythritol is a sugar alcohol found naturally in various fruits such as grapes and melons. Erythritol is a natural, non-caloric sweetener, used as an ingredient that provides bulk for Truvía® natural sweetener.

So, as I was making the switch to stay away from sugar, this one was out.

I was then up between NuStevia and SweetLeaf stevia.  I had used NuStevia a long time ago, so I decided to try SweetLeaf.  There is not much of a price difference between the two, and I would say that the price is about the same as Truvia.  I would still go this route, as I do not want the additives.  First I got the packets.  I only had to use one packet compared to two packets of Splenda for sweet factor.  The packets, which I got the plain flavor, had a definite aftertaste.  I really didn't care for it, but I kept on as I really wanted my coffee.

SweetLeaf Product - 35 Count SweetLeaf Box


I also made sure that I had a bottle of the SweetLeaf liquid stevia.  I like using the liquid more compared to the packets.  The packets are easier, but they are harder to dissolve correctly in your beverage.  The plain liquid had the same after taste as the packets, but it still wasn't terrible.  I had decided to get a couple of the SweetLeaf flavored stevia bottles.  I still once in a while crave my SF Vanilla Americano, so I got the vanilla bottle, and then decided to splurge on the chocolate.  The flavored is so much better than the plain.  There is still a bit of an aftertaste, but the flavor is surprisingly concentrated for how much you put in.  I love having the vanilla in my coffee.

I also use liquid stevia in my chia pudding.  The flavored versions of the liquid stevia is such a great addition.  I can leave out the vanilla extract and just do the stevia, and there are so many flavors, it may be hard to choose.  I've really enjoyed SweetLeaf stevia.  I would recommend it as a great alternative, and especially the flavored ones.  

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review