Historic Driftwood Inn Homer Alaska

Okay, its been a while since I've been here, but I had promised a review of this place.

 The Historic Driftwood Inn has a variety of room options, and is very reasonable in rates (I think it was 80 bucks).  We were a group of three and we go a room with a double and bunk beds.  The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.  The bathrooms were a good size, and we didn't feel cramped.  We got the room on the first floor, as recommended to me when I made the reservation and we could walk out on the deck and take in the waves.    The accommodations itself were modest and not fancy, but I wasn't looking for a hotel like that.  The picture on the site are pretty true to what you get.

Did I mention this hotel was right by the beach?  Very cool.  It is also pretty well located in general.  It has AJ's across the street which I've already reviewed.  You can go a block away and do a mead tasting  at Ring of Fire Meadery (very good) and take a couple bottles back with you.  If you go across the main street you can get to the main strip where most of the restaurants are.  I would suggest a car, just because it makes it easier.

The BEST place to get breakfast is Duncan House.  It's open from 7-2 and was our daily breakfast stop.  I eat biscuits and gravy on rare occasions, and tried them one morning during my huge hangover.  OMG! They were so good.  The girls all tried them, and we ended up eating them every day.  The list is pretty big on the menu and the prices were very reasonable as well.  The eggs were done perfectly.  Okay okay.... this isn't supposed to be a Duncan House review... but you have to go there!

Back to the inn....

The best thing about the inn is the people.  Everyone was so helpful and friendly.  I must have called them five times to verify and change the reservation, get directions, and to let them know that we weren't going to get there until 10pm.  (It's a long drive.)  They took it all in stride.  Once we got there, they were just as sweet, and that's when we were told about AJ's where we went to decompress.

I do have to say we owe them a BIG apology for being noisy.  It was a group of women taking a holiday together.  One that drinks like a fish through the early hours, one that doesn't understand "indoor voice" and of course me, I'm innocent ;)  But I have to say, they took that in stride too.  We got hushed once, which we tried to be good about.

I do recommend that you stay here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review