I Luv Sushi

Lest I say, this is my most favorite sushi place to go.  Brandon, chef/owner, is so imaginative and willing to alter anything to your needs.  The menu has some excellent choices for cooked and non cooked items.  If I'm in the mood for something hot I like the sauteed mushrooms.  Yummy!

Prior to this most recent trip, one of my friends and I were talking about meeting up for sukiyaki at another local place downtown called Kumogoro.  (We had previously been there for shabu shabu.)  I mentioned this when I stopped off for sushi to Brandon, and he said that he would make it for us.  What a treat.  I mentioned it to my friend and it was a no brainer decision.

I started this trip right after work.  One of my girlfriends was going to meet me and was already there, but Cody and I were planning on going a bit later.  So I met up with the girls for an appetizer.  Normally this would have been sushi roll happy hour but Min (Brandon's wife) decided to cancel it Friday-Sunday.  What a bummer.  The list is really good and I was coming back so I didn't want to eat very much or lay down too much money if I was coming back.  Brandon made up some delectable treats and we left sometime later after catching up. 

About 8 o'clock I headed back to meet my friend.  It only took about 15 minutes and we had this large hot pot in front of us with a smorgasbord of meat and veggies in a yummy broth.  The broth is fairly basic with sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar.  I made this at home once before and very much enjoyed it. Brandon's beat me out of the water.  His broth was sweet with some salty and the rib eye and veggies in it fully rounded it out.  Inside the broth there was (if I can remember it all fully):  Rib eye, mushrooms, carrot, cabbage, glassy noodles, tofu zucchini, and onion.  Sukiyaki is traditionally served with a raw egg that you beat with your chopsticks and dip the sukiyaki into before eating.  I thought we were not going to have that part of it, but sure enough, there it was.  Not wanting to hold back from the whole expierience we tried it out, and it was awesome. There was also an onion kimchi for us to nibble which was a bit strong for me but Cody liked it. We both mowed all this down and were so satisfied.  Every moment was enjoyed and it didn't hurt to have the envious stares of those around us.





I told Brandon that this should really be on the menu, and he told me that it used to be but it became a major hassle to make in the back, so they took it off.  I am very thankful that he made it for us, and hopefully in the future I can talk him into it again.

Sushi at Brandon's is a wonderful experience. And though this review is not about it, I am adding some photos so you can see what I love to fawn over.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review