Anchorage Bangkok Cafe

I've been eating out like a mad man.  This last adventure is a place close by to my work, Bangkok Cafe.  I've been here many times yet stopped going after they messed it up that last time too many.  After my hiatus I return with low expectations.

My order:  Hot tea with sugar, fresh rolls, and mild chicken Kow Pad (Thai style fried rice).

Service was swift yet seemed that the two were not synched yet which makes me think that the one at my table was new.  I ordered my dishes, which were some of my usual fav's and made sure to order mild (which is usually hot and I am not weak).  The tea tasted like Lipton.  Not one of my favorite's but was nice to have on a colder day while warming up, and apparently their heat was not really working well. The fresh rolls arrived and looked fresh.  The sauce was thin, but tasty.  Most places around here give you a honey based sauce, which just leaves me with sticky hands no matter how hard I try.  The soup that came at the same time as the tea and fresh rolls was a thin broth with cabbage and a heavy dose of pepper on top.  I took a sip and quickly put it out of my way.  It was waaaaaayyyyy too salty and then the pepper hit like a freight train.  The fried rice was tasty, but was definitly not hot.  It makes me wonder if they switched out their cooks.  




The table next to mine all ordered Pad Thai, which I knew from other people was their worst dish and was overly sweet.  I did not hear them complaining about it though.

Leaving this place is a different trial.  After waving the server down to get a box (which he boxed for me), I needed to get back to work.  There was no bill on my table and the guy didn't come back with my box.  So, I went up to the front to pay and wait there.  The lady that was my server asked if I needed a seat.  I told her, "no, I just got done eating" and I got a strange look.  Finally she seemed to remember and waited for the guy to have my check.  He came out with a tray of dishes and then realized that I was waiting for him.  After that, it went quickly and I got to work just about on time.  My final thought that I leave you with is that the leftover rice didn't make it past the end of the work day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review