Centr Fitness App Review

Ah yes, it's time for another fitness review. This time I jumped on the bandwagon for Chris Hemsworth's Centr fitness app.

I started out with the seven day free trial to see if it was even worth the full try. Lest I say, I stayed on to get the full experience.

Signing up is super easy. There is not really much that you have to fill in but you do have the usual height and weight. There are a few goals and preferences that you can fill in, and then you get the whole week's plan.

The options for the goals are lose weight, get fit & toned, and build muscle.  I have to say that I can really appreciate that they've made this app to cover pretty much everyone's major goal. There is also a preference for the diet being: regular, pescatarian, vegetarian, and vegan.  Even if you choose to have the regular plan, you can look forward to having some vegetarian options come up in your meal plan. These are able to be changed but I like that it rounds out the nutrition instead of tossing meat down your throat at every meal. I'm not quite a pescatarian as I still eat meat, but I also prefer to have a vegetarian dinner on most nights.

Every Thursday the next week opens up and you can go through and exchange your meals if you need to. There is a shopping list section that you can add what meals you need to plan for and also how many servings (the recipes themselves can also have the servings changed). You can generate the shopping list and take it with you on your phone (only for iOs right now but you can also use a computer and go to the website). I have printed out the shopping list and it prints out a bit wonky but it's still usable.  I like to use that method as I like something more in hand as I search through my pantry.  Many people seemed to have been complaining that they suddenly have a bunch of odd and end foods that were never before in their fridge/pantry.  They do have a lot of asian influenced food, which I appreciate, that call for items I can only find online or at the asian food market.  The foods are Australian (like Chris) which I find normally have a heavy asian influence. Personally, it's one of my favorites, kind of like when someone tells me they like Californian style food.

Besides the diet and food, this app offers a variety of workouts with some days having a bonus workout if you're feeling spicy. There are a few trainers for each section and I can appreciate having a kind of MMA workout one day and then yoga the next. Recently, they had Gunnar Peterson start a four week program for the "lose weight" group. If you haven't heard of Gunnar before, get out from the rock. This guy is a mega trainer for the stars. My favorite being Sylvester Stallone (yum). He also trains people like Hugh Jackman, Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Lopez, the Lakers, and Kim Kardashian. The workouts can seem a bit simple, but they kick your butt with minimal equipment. You can do these in a gym or home, so there is no excuse.

So, on top of the food and workouts, you also get coaches for meditation and also sleep meditation. Kind of the all around app for your wellness. I had one meditation about letting go, and I could swear to you that I kept hearing the f-word being used. That is a bit different if I may say so. There are also various blog posts that go over a variety of information having to do with your daily life and health. I really enjoy when I get a post that covers something like making a Buddha bowl.  Everyone on the app has a great attitude.

For me the only downside is the tracking. For your weight you go in to your profile and update it. There is not a separate tacking area. For the diet, you swipe the meal to the side and that is where you can swap the meal or say it's complete. That is also how you complete the workout.  I would really appreciate seeing something that would show me progress with weight or consistency. Because there is not that type of tracking, I generally do not swipe at it at all. 

For the community, there is a Facebook page that has all the members congratulating each other and encouraging people on their posts.  I'm not the biggest Facebook fan, but I will check it out once in a while. Centr also has an Instagram. Pretty basic but I really like seeing the new things that way. 

The price for Centr after your seven day free trial is:

1 month - $19.99
3 months - $47.99
12 months - $119.99

Overall, I found that the price is pretty on the spot for what you are getting. I felt that the app/website really gives you more than a lot of the fitness apps or programs as they usually focus on one area and the others seem like an afterthought. Centr seems to be taking care of the whole of you.  Downside for this would be the low amount of tracking available. I really like having a water meter and a weight tracker, and also something that would show me the information over an amount of time.  Perhaps in the future. Also, as this is not for Android phones yet, that could make it a PIA for some.

Thumbs up for this app. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

131 Method Diet Review