Walden Farms Review - Too Good to be True?

Lest I say that when I heard about Walden Farm's products I was super curious.  I looked for this stuff everywhere and could only find it at my over priced natural foods market and on amazon.  In general, I would say that most of the products were a bit over $5 each.  They have chocolate and carmel sauce, a variety of salad dressings, PB and Jam, Ketchup, and BBQ.  When you are cutting your diet and these things are no longer permissible, this is like finding the holy grail. (Insert singing angels here.)

I started this quest with a couple of salad dressings.  I bought the honey Dijon, the berry vinaigrette, and the ceasar.  The first one that I've tried was the ceasar. It was flavorful, but still not quite what the original is. When I looked at the ingredients, I saw that it was pretty much made up of spices, flavor, vinegar, and thickening agent.  As this has no calories, sugar, fat, but has a slight amount of sodium I saw this as a free food. I went a little heavy with the dressing mostly because it poured out pretty quickly.  I placed the rest in the fridge and went on to try the berry.



I pause here to say that I ended up making sure that I put my name on the bottle.  I either used a ton due to the not so thick consistency or someone was sampling the goods.  I may be leaning now towards the consistency, especially having used a few of their products now.

The berry was awesome. Made those salads disappear!! Add a little goat cheese and you are all set.  So good. Still a noticeable liquid consistency, so I was a bit disappointed with that bit, as it was not as thick as a normal dressing.

I held off on the honey dijon as I was turning into salad with the amount I was consuming.

Low and behold I later found Walden Farms products at both Walmart and Fred Meyers (Kroger).  The price was still about the same.

I picked up some peanut butter, jam, ketchup, and bbq sauce.  I haven't gotten to the ketchup and bbq sauce as I am waiting for my camping trip to try them out.  I did however take a jab at the PB.



This was probably the worst Walden Farm's product that I've tried.  It is marked as being more of a mousse, which is the consistency. It was almost the same as Jello pudding snacks. And the taste wasn't very prominent. You would really need to be in a bind to go for this product.

The jam was better but still had a bit too much thinness to it.

As I go through the rest of my collection, I will update those items.

Till later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review