Review - DailyBurn Black Fire with Bob Harper

I currently work with a trainer twice a week at my gym and then supplement my workouts either there at the gym or just in my home for other days or extra workouts.  Over time I have amassed a lovely collection of workout dvds. I tend to have a love for Beachbody and dance workouts but I try not to limit myself.

On Facebook, Black Fire kept popping up and tempting me.  I knew Bob Harper was suppose to be a good trainer, and there was a 30 day free trial. So I gave it a shot.  I had a DailyBurn account a long time ago, but when I went to go log into it and add the trial of Black Fire, it wasn't there.  Apparently, they were getting away from having a workout and food tracking site.  It was kind of like Livestrong.
I made a new account and started my free trial.  You can choose to do the Black Fire, but they also have a couple other programs to choose from, or you can do workouts from various programs to do your own thing.  There is no tracking anymore for food.  There was a suggested meal plan, which seemed pretty much like a basic clean eating menu. As they used to have tracking, it kept irking me that I couldn't track my food on the website.

I wasn't sure what to think about the workout videos at first. They seemed a bit corny and they were really trying to enthuse you but it came off too fake.  It wasn't horrible, just noticeable.  The workouts themselves were fairly short and tend towards HIIT workouts. You do something like 8 rounds of 2-3 exersizes. It's all timed and easy to follow. There is not a lot of equipment hat you need, but you will need to get a plyobox.  Overall, I ended up a sweaty mess and feeling spent which is great. The videos seem to me like Bob Harper is trying to come off like Tony Horton with P90X. that was a loss for me.

So the overall impression for this program:


  • Price is great. 30 day free trial and then only 12.95 a month. Comparatively to some other big names, that's a steal.
  • No food tracking on DailyBurn. Booooooo!!!!!!!
  • The diet was pretty much worthless, so I would suggest to find a meal plan somewhere else like Bodybuilding.com, and just use this for the workouts.
  • Though cheese factor was high the workouts did what they were suppose to do.
  • Gear that you need is pretty much dumbbells, mat and a plyobox.  That last one is the kicker. Who has that in their general arsenal?
  • DailyBurn has an app so you can take the workouts with you and they would be easy to incorporate during travel and vacation.


So I appreciate the workouts and I feel that it is worth the money if you do not have a collection amassed like mine.  This program is a thumbs up if all you need is the workout videos, otherwise save your money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review