Trip to Seattle coming up!!

I am setting up a girl trip with one of my best friends to Seattle in May.  I'm very much looking forward to it, but it will be interesting to see how this turns out.  My friend is generally in party mode when we take trips.  Last vacation I took with her, I needed an extra week for sleep, recovery, and detox.

I'm not sure how much she plans on packing into this trip, but she is already sending me ideas for late night activities.

We are looking at Jetblue to get us down.  I normally fly Alaska Air, but Jetblue has tickets for 300/rt!!!!!!!  That's about half the cost of Alaska Air.  I haven't flown with Jetblue before, but I have been looking it up online, and it seems pretty good.  There were a couple of unhappy reviews about delays or rescheduling, and I found a good note about seating.  I know there are seats that you can pay extra for the leg room and that gives you early seating and what not.  Apparently, if you don't state a preference about seating, they don't assign you until you get there, and that means you might not get a seat.  So make sure you do that.

My last trip down to Seattle was awesome.  It was for my birthday and I shopped as much as I wanted, and saw all the sights.  We stayed downtown at the Alexis (a Kimpton hotel) and it was the best place to stay.  Perfect location, good food, nice bar, friendly staff, beautiful room.  If you go, I highly suggest that you sign up for the kimpton insider on the website.  It gets you some free stuff in the snack fridge in your room and shows your preferences so your room is to your liking when you get there.  I also noted that we were in town for my birthday and there was a card, chocolates, and sparkling wine in the suite (and I got a room upgrade) waiting for us.  The only downside to the hotel is that the cleaning staff is not always good at refilling things and they took my newspaper the evening of when I got it and I wasn't able to read it.  Seriously, if that is the top of my troubles, you know why I love to stay there.  The Alexis is also in a perfect spot downtown.  It is one block up from the pier area, a couple blocks over from Pike Market, to the other side is Pioneer Square, and across is the SAM.  Everything is in walking distance.  Anything that wouldn't be, you can take the bus or the tram very easily.

I look forward to seeing where I stay on this trip.  It shouldn't be so bad if we are splitting the cost, but it could also be a question of where.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review