Still going raw, with only a few slip ups

I've been loving eating raw foods.  There are some things that can be difficult when starting.  One thing is that I've been conditioned to think that all sugar is the devil.  So, even high sugar fruits were out and rarely ate the lower sugar fruits like berries.

My goodness you should have seen me with my bag of oranges the other day.  I juiced half of the bad and had it in the morning and cut up the rest for snack and lunch.  So glorious.  Also, to sit with a melon and mow away as much as I want!!

Second thing, is that I need to make sure that I have some fruit before I leave work, because by the time I get home I don't want to do much and make my excuses and eat "filler food".  You know that food... It's the crap that tastes like cardboard and has tons of fat and sodium.  Let's not forget how processed or even fake it can be.  Generally, I would just throw all of this crap out, but I live with my husband.  And though, he will eat vegan meals or smoothies when I make them, he loves his crap food.  I also think he's a subconscious sabotager.  He acts like my cheerleader and supports me and then bring a huge pizza home, or wants to go to restaurants where it's harder for me.  So major rule... MUST eat fruit before I leave work.  AND, suggest restaurants that are a bit friendlier to me.

Getting fruit (good fruit) is difficult in Alaska, especially during these winter months.  I have a small grocery that has the best, but it costs you.  When I first moved up here I was a vegetarian.  That quickly died when I saw the produce at Safeway and Kroger.  It was literally rotting.  And people were sifting through it, looking for any somewhat good ones.  We are talking about cartons of strawberries and almost every one of them has mold, or the berries look shriveled.  The cucumbers had old skin and soft spots, and the bananas are green.  You could go to Costco.  Their fruit was a LOT better, but of course it's still limited and absolutely no organic materials.  They've actually gotten better since then!  I would love to say that you never grow accustomed to the rotting food but you do.  After a couple of years I found myself sifting though the nasty produce, but would still go to my small market whenever I could afford it.

Now with the raw vegan meals, I am really having to put my effort into it.  I go to my small grocery and get some of the fruit that I love but can buy in small quantity, and I am going to Costco.  Kroger has made a couple of improvements  but still is so nasty sometimes.  Their organic section is bigger, and I will go organic whenever possible.  Sometimes its not.  I always try to stick to the dirty dozen list!
http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/

Also, to note that there is a rumor that we might actually get a Whole Foods up here.  That would be awesome.  More awesome than that would be a Trader Joe's!!  Whenever I am out of state I always like to go to these store and you will probably see me in the produce section molesting the fruit and whispering my sweet nothings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review