Wasabi's in Homer, Alaska

I took a recent trip to Homer for an extended weekend with the girls.  We had a blast and while there tried out a couple of treats. I am going to break this up into separate reviews, with this one being on Wasabi.

Wasabi is Homer's fine dining restaurant.  It obviously has Japanese food, including sushi.  As far as I know, it's the only sushi place in Homer.  That made it a must see for us.

The decor is upscale and the view is fantastic, so get a window seat.  The bar is very central, with chairs around if you only want to come in for a cocktail.  The parking lot is small, but did not seem to be much of a hassle to get in and out.

My meal started with a screwdriver.  I was impressed by the excellent pour (which you get all over Homer).  We ordered a plate of sushi to share, and I got the Mac n' Cheese ($30.00) that so many reviewers rave about.  The service was quick and attentive, even thought she had to list the specials (which there were way too many) for me a couple of times.  For dinner we also shared a couple of bottles of sake.  Sadly, the sake was poured into its sake carafe and then microwaved. 

The sushi arrived, and though nicely presented, was not the superb freshness I was expecting.  Not to mention that the sushi rice was almost ice cold, it was oddly shaped into more of a ball and the fish was thick like sashimi. 

My Mac n' Cheese arrived looking lovely.  I am not the biggest fan of scallops, but these were perfectly cooked.  The Mac n' Cheese however was greasy and somewhat bland.  I thankfully had filled up on the super cold sushi and looked forward to eating it as leftovers (which mac n' cheese does wonderfully).

Would I come here again?  Sure.  Would I spend about $100.00 per person?  No. I believe that this would be the last time that happened with this place.  If it were worth the money, everyone in my party agreed that we would pay it, but this was not up to that par.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review