Lose Weight Stay in Shape Week 4 Sara Fennell Review

It is the beginning of the fourth week, and stuff is hitting the fan all around me.  How does this happen?  It's like a giant sign that goes on.   With everything going on with my business and personal life at the same time, I feel stretched too thin.  I haven't been able to workout to the intensity that I like, and had started to wane, but thankfully picked it back up again.

Eating has been difficult, also with everything going on and all of my obligations.  It's not like your meetings are going to stop because you need to eat your apple, almond butter, and rice crackers.  Which by the way, is not the easiest meal to eat at once.  I ended up making a almond butter sandwhich and eating the apple on the side.  And of course when you need rice crackers, suddenly there is a shortage. WTF!!!!

Okay, so the sad news.  I will not be able to continue on this path with the Lose weight Stay in Shape with Sara Fennell.  There are a couple of reasons for this.

1) money
2) website
3) interaction

I think that Sara Fennell in general is excellent.  She knows what she is doing, but it is definitely a business for her.  I didn't get that feeling of "warmth" that I would expect trying to work one on one.  I tried to find a lot out about her before I started and with some of her videos online, it looked like after her crossfit workout and paleo diet, she maintained the paleo diet.  I was kind of surprised when I started and it was not the paleo diet, when I thought that was what she was doing.

I still went with the meal plan.  Not bad, and it did get me back into the habit of eating every 3 hours.  This is the first time that I've ever eaten rye bread, and it wasn't bad.  My brain still screamed at me that I was eating bread!  Everything else was good.  It got a bit rough eating the same meals every day for 2 weeks, but at the beginning of the program she tells you what you can switch out so that the meal program doesn't become boring.  In that sense, she gives you a general and expects you to come up with it.

The website isn't the worst that I have seen.  There is food tracking and workout tracking.  It tells you when your workouts are and you are able to print them off from there.  You will also get them emailed to you on what seems to be an automatic system.  You are not expected to track on the website but can do so if you choose.  I found that tracking my meals was easier on Livestrong or the Daily Burn.  The calendar on the site also tells you your weigh in day, and you also give you measurements and email your photos.

The workouts themselves are pretty good.  You can get a pretty nice burn going, and I have the guys at the gym telling me that I am doing a good job, which is nice.  For some of the time, I would like to workout at home.  It's not just an easy thing sometimes to fit in a gym, but I can do it at home when needed.

I felt like the interaction was very minimal.  The emails that I got seemed quite generic and lost that personal touch.  You email with Sara once every two weeks, but you can email her with questions, but you need to try and keep all of your questions together so she can answer them at once (this was not actually a problem for me but it would be for some people.) There are no other email that you can really expect from Sara beyond this.  This is where I say that it really doesn't have that warmth feeling.

So with looking at the money... I was unable to do a money transfer from out of Canada, so  I had to pay extra to do the PayPal.  Conversion was a pain in the tuckas too.  If you look at the money broken down by week for a personal trainer, it really doesn't seem to cost much.  If you are like me and looking for a manageable program that doesn't break the bank, not so much.  For the amount for 4 weeks (about 150.00) you can get a program that includes forums, tracking, etc.  It is really about what you are looking for.  If I had the money, and I trained with Sara here at my gym, I would be all over this. I would find the money. But with the small things together, I found that this was not the right plan for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review