Zulily Review

I love shopping.  I love shopping online.  And I especially love discount shopping.  I have subscriptions to countless discount sites, the most recent being Zulily.

I've made multiple orders with Zulily.  The way it generally works is you order one (or more) of the items, they make one big order to the supplier, they get the shipment from the supplier, and then they send it to you.  The prices range on this site, and you can actually find some good deals.  I get tired of the discount sites that say they are saving you over 50%, but if you do a google search for it, everyone is offering it around that price or for less.

Zulily carries a bit of everything.  A lot of baby and kid stuff, including toys and clothes.  Then you have clothes, accessories, shoes, and the what not for the ladies and soon to be moms.

I made most of my orders pretty closely together.  I ordered one dress, two tops, 4 bras, and a pair of sunglasses.  All but the sunglasses went through the normal ordering process I described above, and the sunglasses were actually an item that was a "ship now" item.

The bras were seriously only around 12 - 16 dollars each.  A huge discount. Sadly, as a large busted girl, I am used to a bit more coverage than these bras provided, but I'm sure my husband will enjoy them.  The bras were fairly good quality and two of them were Panache.  This order came in two separate shipments.  Generally I do not put a time limit on these as I read about the large order process.

One of the orders was the dress and two shirts.    One of the shirts I later found out was canceled as unavailable after my order.  This is the only time that this had happened, and I would hope that it is not their general custom to over sell product and just cancel peoples orders when it goes over.  The dress and shirt arrived a while later.  I remember thinking that this order seemed to be taking a long time, but again, knowing the process, I didn't put a time cap on it.  The dress was cute and a bit smaller (shorter) than I thought it looked in the picture.  Luckily it is for my holiday in Hawaii, so I do not mind a bit shorter with that hot weather.  The shirt was mediocre is quality, and I was somewhat glad I was not stuck with the second one (same shirt, different color).  It definitely needed a tank top underneath it, which before I ordered it, I thought it looked pretty opaque in the picture.

My last order was for a pair of Oscar de la Renta sunglasses.  They still have not arrived.  The order stated a delivery date of around 1/3, but when I checked the actual number on the fedex and USPS site, it stated an expected delivery date of 1/14.  Argh!!  I know that FedEx and USPS have this shipping deal, but to Alaska delivery, it actually takes less time to just send it USPS priority, and it costs less too.  It wouldn't be such a thing, but I thought this was suppose to ship immediately and get to me a bit faster.  I decided to vent my frustration and I emailed Zulily customer service and said that it really is unacceptable to charge that much and then have such crappy shipping.  I actually got a response in less than 24 hours.  It looked like this:

Cody D. (zulily)
Jan 04 10:05
Hello Samantha,
Thank you for contacting us about your order #XXXXXXXX. We do apologize that it does take a little longer to ship outside of the 48 continental states.
Thank you for shopping with zulily. Please feel free to call us at 877-779-5615 if you have additional questions.
Best,
Cody D.
ZSR - zulily Service Representative
5am to 9pm Pacific (M-F)
5am to 7pm Pacific (Sat-Sun)

Which is absolute crap.  I'm not expecting someone to kiss my ass, but really?!?  I'm trying to state that they might want to rethink their shipping method to Alaska.  Oh well.  Guess they really don't give a sh*#.  P.S.  The 48 "continental" states are actually the 48 "contiguous" states, because if you look at your handy map, you look at North America, and there we are.  Yup, still connected to the continent.  We even have USPS service.  

I'll still shop with Zulily, because I think they have some good deals.  I may shop with them less, because there are so many competitors out there, and I do not feel a sense of loyalty to this company.  Do not expect your orders to get to you quickly, and do not expect a sincere person at customer service.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review