Nivea in place of Creme de la Mer?

I was so sad to get to the end of my tub of Creme de la Mer.  You know I made sure to get every bit of it out of that jar.  I love the cream and it has helped my skin to no end, especially during and after vacations.  My dry skin always pays the price when I go to the hot beachy climate.  But every time, my skin heals in lightning speed because I keep slathering this bad boy on.

Okay, back to my empty jar.  I was about to get a new one when my frugal side kicked in.  I knew this stuff worked, but was it actually worth the crazy price tag?  I put it off and scoured the internet to find an affordable replacement.

I read that many people will use Nivea in Creme de la Mer's stead.  Cheap, easy, found everywhere... no prob.  I bought a large container and a small travel/purse size.  Everyday, just like I would use the Creme de la Mer, I used the Nivea.  My face never looked so greasy.  And that greasy lasted.  I ended up having to towel off my face so I could get my makeup on.  I usually leave my moisturizer to set, and put my makeup on last thing.

After a week of trudging through and trying to figure out the right amount, I gave up.  My skin looked bad.  It didn't look dry anymore, instead I was breaking out.  Badly.  So sad.

So I have put the Nivea to the side and will use it on my body or maybe when I need a ultra moisturizing treatment after hitting the beach.  And I am still on the lookout for another replacement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Weeks BodyChange Changetime Review

Centr Fitness App Review

131 Method Diet Review